Terms & Conditions of Use for VideoPages
Access to the Site
Use of Site Information
Subject to the Prohibited Uses and Content, You are permitted to only view and use the Materials and the Site for informational, personal and non-commercial purposes only.
If you are required to open an account on this Site, you must complete the registration process by providing current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the application registration form. In most cases, you will be required to choose a password and user name. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account information. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify VideoPages immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. VideoPages will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by VideoPages or another party due to someone else using your account or password. You may not use anyone else's account at any time, without written permission of the account holder.
The Site may contain chat areas, community knowledge bases, blogs, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with others (each a "Forum" and collectively "Forums"). You agree to use the Forums only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and, when applicable, related to the particular Forum.
Prohibited Uses and Content
By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Forums or the Site, you will not:
1. Use automated devices (such as robots and spiders) to scrape or index the Website or its Content (including where the same is carried out with the aim of constructing or populating a searchable database of business reviews;
2. post surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise);
3. defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
4. publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information;
5. upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same;
6. use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Site in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party;
7. upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer or property of another;
8. advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose;
9. download any file posted by another user on the Site or any content from the Site that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner;
10. falsify or delete any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
11. restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Forums, the Site or Materials;
12. violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Forum;
13. harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses; violate any applicable laws or regulations;
14. create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others; or
15. use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the Forums or other user or usage information or any portion thereof.
Please note that VideoPages has no obligation to monitor the Forums or other parts of the Site. However, VideoPages reserves the right to review Materials posted to the Forums or elsewhere on the Site and to remove any Materials in its sole discretion. VideoPages reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Forums at any time, without notice, for any reason whatsoever. VideoPages is not responsible for any failure to remove or delay in removing harmful, inaccurate, defamatory, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable content originating with or otherwise provided by third parties.
VideoPages reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as VideoPages deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any Materials, in whole or in part, in VideoPages sole discretion.
The Site and any Forums are intended for advertising and promotion of businesses and to provide a platform for users to learn about or review businesses of interest to them. Always use caution when giving out any personally identifiable information. VideoPages does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Forums and, therefore, VideoPages specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Forums and any actions resulting from your participation in any Forums. Forum participantsmay not be authorized VideoPages spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of VideoPages.
Any Materials uploaded to the Forums may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination; you are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the Materials.
Content Provided to VideoPages or Posted to the Website
VideoPages does not claim ownership of the content, information or materials that you provide to VideoPages (including feedback and suggestions) or post, upload, input or submit to the Site or its associated services for review by the general public, or by the members of any public or private community, (each a "Submission" and collectively "Submissions"). However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your Submission you are granting VideoPages, its affiliated companies and necessary sublicensees permission to use your Submission, including, without limitation, the license rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your Submission; to publish your name in connection with your Submission; and the right to sublicense such rights.
No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Submission, as provided herein. VideoPages is under no obligation to post or use any Submission you may provide and VideoPages may remove any Submission at any time in its sole discretion.
No Additional Rights
Disclaimer of Warranties
Your access to and use of the Site and any Materials is entirely at your own risk. You understand and agree that the Site and Materials are provided to you on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. Without limiting the foregoing, VIDEOPAGES AND ITS PARTNERS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. We make no warranty and disclaim all responsibility and liability for the completeness, accuracy, availability, timeliness, security or reliability. VideoPages will not be responsible or liable for any harm to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of the Site, or any Materials. You also agree that VideoPages has no responsibility or liability for the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any content and other communications. We make no warranty that the Site or our services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from VideoPages or through the Site will create any warranty not expressly made herein.
Limitations on Liability
VideoPages may make changes to the Materials at any time, without notice. The Materials on this Site may be out of date and VideoPages makes no commitment to update such Materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL VIDEOPAGES, ITS SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFIT, LOST OR DAMAGED DATA OR OTHER COMMERCIAL OR ECONOMIC LOSS, EVEN IF VIDEOPAGES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR THEY ARE FORESEEABLE. VIDEOPAGES IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CLAIMS BY A THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL VIDEOPAGES (OR ITS SUPPLIERS' OR LICENSORS') MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE EXCEED $100 U.S. DOLLAR. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT THE ALLEGED BREACH OR DEFAULT IS A BREACH OF A FUNDAMENTAL CONDITION OR TERM OR A FUNDAMENTAL BREACH. SOME STATES/COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Links to Third Party Sites
This Site provides information about individual businesses within the Site and may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are not within VideoPages control and are owned and operated by VideoPages partners, customers and other third parties (the "External Sites"). VideoPages will not review and makes no representations whatsoever about any External Sites to which you may have access through the Site. When you contact a business through the Site or leave this Site and access an External Site, you do so entirely at your own risk and VideoPages is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advice, or statements made on the External Sites or for the quality of any products or services available on the External Sites. VideoPages provides links to External Sites merely as a convenience and is not a party to any transactions you may conclude or any relationship you may have with such third parties.
You acknowledge and agree that the inclusion of such External Links and information on advertised businesses does not imply that VideoPages endorses or accepts any responsibility or liability for any content, advertising, products or other material that may appear on or may be available on, from or through any External Sites. You further acknowledge and agree that VideoPages shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the purchase or use of or reliance on any such content, advertising, products, or other materials.
The Site can be accessed from countries around the world but VideoPages makes no representation that Materials on this Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside of Canada and the United States and access to the Materials from territories where they are prohibited is illegal. If you choose to access this Site from outside Canada or the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
This Site (excluding links to External Sites) is operated in Ontario, Canada, notwithstanding the physical location of the servers on which the content resides. By accessing this Site, you and VideoPages agree that all matters relating to your access to, or use of, this Site shall be governed by the statutes and laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
VideoPages® is a registered trademark of VideoPages Inc. Let your face do the talking® is a registered trademark of VideoPages Inc. ADvironmentally Friendly® is a registered trademark of VideoPages Inc. All other products and names displayed on the Site may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Last updated: Nov 04, 2015